Thursday, January 22, 2009

1/21/09 - Wednesday and 1/22/09 Thursday

Tough day Wednesday. First day "on my own" at the new job. Thought it was going to be liberating...not so much. I was sent to work on a floor that was not the floor I trained on, and just couldn't keep up. I knew this was going to be a difficult transition, but the challenges I have been facing are far worse than I had imagined. I won't get into it...but basically it lead to me eating in an unhealthy manner. As in I didn't have a morning break, ate lunch after 3:30 pm for the third time, and no afternoon break...because I was running my ass off and still couldn't get things done. And it wasn't because I was lazing about or sitting...because there are no chairs for nurses on the floor I was floated to - because the seats are for doctors. Get me the hell out of here (but keep me in LA). 11 weeks left of this assignment. 11 weeks too much.

6:00 am - caramel fiber bar
3:30 pm - salad with turkey, tomato, weight watchers shredded cheese, avocado, hard boiled egg
strawberry banana yogurt
(and finally after two hours of hardcore crying when I got home)...
9:00 pm - an eggwhite/whole wheat tortilla with tomato, red onion, and broccoli, ww cheese
and a second burrito with just the extra veggies and some more cheese
and a plain tortilla...maybe with some cheese. maybe

And today is a new day...and I'm off. Too bad I will be stewing over the deplorable conditions NOT by the pool because it is cloudy. I will gym it, hot tub it, and spend the evening in the warm and comforting arms of VH1.

And...I didn't gym it, I couched it. And managed to make my way down to the hot tub. Back to work tomorrow - I hope I survive.

hard boiled egg
caramel fiber bar
bag of popcorn banana
turkey, ww cheese, tomato, broccoli, red onion, mustard in a whole wheat tortilla wrap
yogurt
breaded chicken breast with roasted red potatoes
whole avocado
another bag of popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment